by: Adefolalu Toyosi
Definition of Pun
A pun is a joke exploiting the different possible meanings of a word or the fact that there are words that sound alike but have different meanings.
1. Did you hear about the guy whose whole left side was cut off? He’s all right now.
2. There was a sign on the lawn at a drug re-hab center that said ‘Keep off the Grass’.
3. I was going to buy a book on phobias, but I was afraid it wouldn’t help me.
4. I once heard a joke about amnesia, but I forgot how it goes.
5. I was arrested after my therapist suggested I take something for my kleptomania.
6. I probably have blind spots, but I don’t see them.
7. Deafness is getting to be quite a problem for me lately. I never thought I’d hear myself say that.
8. I didn’t have the faintest idea as to why I passed out.
9. Organ donors put their heart into it.
10. The painter was hospitalized due to too many strokes.
11. After having a knee dislocated and an elbow fractured in two barroom brawls Bradley should have learned to stay away from those joints.
12. My friend had amnesia and couldn’t remember how to walk up the stairs, so I had to go back and teach him step by step.
13. Being crushed by large objects can be very depressing.
14. I had some back trouble, but it’s all behind me now.
15. I have a fear of needles. They really get under my skin.
16. An unusual medical book is one which has no appendix.
17. I once had insomnia so bad I was awake until it dawned on me.
18. Break a bone today and you will feel hurt to marrow.
19. The patient decided against an organ transplant. Instead, he changed his mind.
20. He was wheeled into the operating room, and then had a change of heart.
21. People have many misconceptions about pregnancy.
22. I always believed my body was a prison for me. I was right, in biology I learnt they were made of cells.
23. Never lie to an x-ray technician. They can see right through you.
Identify your top 3 puns by commenting in their numbers. You can also leave a pun if you have
Next time your doctor is examining you, listen attentively, he might just be cracking a punny joke. Medicals practitioners aren’t boring after all